Friday, July 13, 2012

Artsy Fartsy Interlude: Washington, D.C.

I said my next post was going to be about the National Museum of American History, but I haven't been able to pare down the photos and decide what's worthy of showing, so I'm bringing you this interlude instead.

The last time I was in D.C. was in 1998, and a good portion of the pictures that were supposed to come home with us got fried by the X-ray machine at the J. Edgar Hoover FBI building. I'm still angry about that. FBI, you owe my mother a new camera. Hers never worked properly after that.

So I wandered around D.C. a little bit between museums yesterday, and got some photos of famous landmarks. If you've seen them before (and I'm sure you have) they're nothing special, but this is my blog and I can show you whatever I like.

The four pictures below were all taken from the same spot, but at 90º turns. The first three of them were taken at the same level of zoom, and the last one was without any zoom at all.

To the south, the Jefferson Memorial.



To the west, the Lincoln Memorial and Reflecting Pool.


To the north, the White House.


And to the east, the Washington Monument.


I tried to get a good picture of the Capitol Building, but it just wasn't happening yesterday. I still have a lot of sightseeing to do, though, so I'll get one eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment